Vi använder cookies för att förbättra din upplevelse Läs mer.
YOUR POISON IS RUNNING THRU MY VEINS!(and the Icebears)
Learn about dangerous fluorocarbon-based (PFCs) vs the sustainable alternative BIONIC-FINISH® ECO.
• BIONIC-FINISH® ECO is an ecological water repellent impregnation. It uses nature’s own techniques to keep water from sinking into the skin/your garment.
• Why do the feathers of birds not become wet? Why does this type of water repellency in nature work without perfluorinated compounds? BIONIC-FINISH® ECO uses the answers in its water repellent finish.
• Ramified structures like in tree tops are placed in an orderly manner on the textile and crystallise on specifically adjusted comb polymers.
• Our windbreaker uses BIONIC-FINISH® ECO. It is free from dangerous chemicals such as fluorocarbons (PFC), formaldehyde and paraffin.
• PFCs are a family of chemicals, used for decades to make products that resist heat, oil, stains, grease and water. Many brands have for years been using fluorocarbon-based (PFCs) treatments on their outerwear, to make the garments waterproof.
• PFCs are man-made compounds of carbon and fluorine and are so stable that they can hardly be removed from the environment, if at all.
• Studies show PFCs have adverse effects on our planet. Some of them never decomposes and then enter the food chain, making the pollution almost irreversible (other types of PFCs can degrade but it takes a very long time).
• Scientists have found them in very remote areas of the planet, and they have already been detected in the livers of polar bears and even in human blood.
• Animal studies provide evidence that PFCs cause harm to reproduction, promote the growth of tumours and affect the hormonal system.
• PFOA, a type of perfluorochemicals, is particularly troublesome. It may pose human health risks if it accumulates in drinking water at levels as miniscule as one part per trillion—the equivalent of less than one teaspoon in 1,000 Olympic swimming pools’ worth of water.