MINI RODINI EXPLORER COLLECTION
Mini Rodini Explorer is a line of outerwear with extra high functionality. It consists of jackets, trousers, overalls and accessories that are durable and versatile, suited for demanding weather conditions with no compromise on the sustainable and stylish look. All Mini Rodini Explorers have taped seams, warm padding, high breathability and are produced in highly functional wind- and waterproof materials. All outerwear garments are treated with BIONIC-FINISH® ECO, a finish free from dangerous fluorocarbon, but that is still breathable and waterproof - as well as water and soil repellent.
Last but not least, we have completely stopped the use of polyamide as a fabric for our Explorer collection. Polyamide is a commonly used fabric for outerwear which is a huge environmental thief. Our autumn winter collection 2020 contains only functional outerwear made from recycled polyester. Recycled polyester dramatically lowers its environmental impact by limiting the use of virgin petroleum. Read more about recycled polyester.
OUR SPECIAL FEATURES:
A SUSTAINABLE WATER REPELLENT FINNISH
• All explorer outerwear has a water and soil repellent coating called BIONIC-FINISH® ECO.
• BIONIC-FINISH® ECO is made with an alternative technique and is free from fluorocarbons. Fluorocarbons are often found in coated outerwear, it decomposes very slowly in nature, spreads easily, impairs reproductive ability and is suspected to cause cancer.
GRS - GLOBAL RECYCLE STANDARD
STRICTEST CERTIFICATION ON THE MARKET FOR RECYCLED MATERIALS
• It’s not enough to say that a fabric is recycled, that speaks only to the material itself but says nothing about the production, which is why this certification is so important.
• Controls and traces the production from raw material to finished product – includes the criteria on banning hazardous chemicals
• Ensures our garments consists of recycled materials eg. PET Soda bottles, discarded fishnets and used clothes.
MEASUREMENT OF WATER RESISTANCE
• EU Standard is 2000 mm.
• The Explorer collection has between 5000 mm and 10000 mm water columns.
THE EXTENT TO WHICH BODY PERSPIRATION PASSES THROUGH A FABRIC
• Measured: g/m2/24h.
• A higher number indicates higher breathability SE