Care Guide Swimwear
Our swimwear is made from ECONYL yarn – made from recycled nylon waste like plastic waste from our ocean. The ECONYL regenerated nylon fabric is durable, it resists stains and fading. Below you’ll find a few tips and tricks for how you should care for your swimwear made from ECONYL yarn so you can enjoy them longer.
- Rinse thoroughly after each wear to get the chlorine and salt water out of the fabric
- No dryer! Hang dry in the shade and let it drip dry (do not twist to get the water out)
- Avoid getting sunscreen on the fabric as this may damage or discolour the fabric
- Try to avoid the washing machine as much as possible, but if needed – make sure to wash your swimwear with other synthetics to prevent any snags from rougher fabrics
- Use the Guppy Friend washing bag! Since ECONYL regenerated nylon is a synthetic fibre it sheds microplastics (länk till /microplastics) when being washed (even though it’s recycled). The washing bag will prevent these microplastic fibres from ending up in our ocean
- Wash at or below 40°C (gentle cycle)
- If the garment needs ironing, iron at a low temperature
Don’t forget that when they are outgrown, pass them along to someone else!Swimwear!