Cooking with Paul
COOKING WITH PAUL
Isn’t this a treat! Co-Founder of Greenpeace, founder of Sea Shepherd, the legendary badass captain Paul Watson shares his best vegan recipes with Mini Rodini.
“I picked up this recipe in Catalonia and in Andalusia many years ago.” - Paul Watson.
1/3 cup of golden raisins
1 lb. of organic spinach
2 Tbsp organic olive oil
3 garlic cloves finely chopped
1 cup of white onion finely chopped
4 tbsp. of pine nuts
Salt and ground pepper as desired
- Soak the raisins in hot water for 20 minutes then drain and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, add spinach and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Drain and squeeze out excess water.
- Add olive oil to a pan, add garlic and onions and cook on medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the spinach, raisins and pine nuts to the pan, season to taste.
- Stir for 2-3 minutes.
9 medium sized organic ripe vine tomatoes
1 organic green bell pepper, roughly chopped without seeds
1 organic cucumber peeled
3 garlic cloves
1 tsp of white wine vinegar
1/4 cup of organic extra virgin olive oil
- Mix in a blender
- Place in the fridge for 2 hours
- Serve with basil and parsley leaves with black bread