- Sea Shepherd
- Vegan Recipes
- Cooking with Alberto
Cooking with Alberto
ALBERTO’S PASTA ARRABIATA
This is Alberto’s legendary Italian pasta dish, Pasta Arrabiata.
Make your own pasta from scratch or buy yourself some time and get your pasta from the supermarket.
1 lb penne pasta
1½ pounds of fresh tomatoes (peeled and chopped)
3 cloves of crushed garlic
1 tsp dried crushed chili pepper (more if you’re a fire eater, less if you are a delicate flower)
Salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to boil (don’t forget the salt!), add the penne pasta. Cook according to package instructions (or use your spider sense like Alberto).
- In a large sauté pan, sauté the crushed garlic in olive oil on a low temperature, until it is light brown.
- Add some crushed chili pepper, and then immediately remove it from heat.
- Add the chopped tomatoes.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Simmer until tomatoes and oil are well combined. Taste to see if the sauce is spicy enough.
- When the pasta is al dente, drain the water and add the penne pasta to the sauté pan together with the tomato-sauce. Allow the pasta to sauté for a few minutes on low temperature until it’s well combined with the tomato-sauce.
- Serve with fresh basil on the top and let the feast commence.